I start by giving thanks to my loving, supporting, and understanding family who have been there for me - even in times when work and Association business has resulted in me ‘not’ being there (in person - but definitely there in spirit!).
When I reflect upon who else I am thankful for, these immediately come to mind:
Dow Corning (specifically my managers and colleagues) for supporting my efforts and work with the Glass Association of North America (GANA) and the Glass and Glazing and building enclosure industry.
My fellow GANA Board members. I am honored and privileged to share the responsibility to serve the glass and glazing industry with you. You are a fine group of volunteer leaders that I have done well to watch, listen, and learn from over the years. I encourage membership to reach out and share their thanks for you as well.
Our key consultants:
- Thom Zaremba, and Tom Culp because I know how challenging those code hearings (ICC, ASHRAE, etc.) can be, and yet through your knowledge, preparation, and inter-personal dialogue you continue to stand up at the microphone and represent.
- Kim Mann, General Counsel, for your legal input as well as your work to keep us updated on the latest glass related matters at the Consumer Product and Safety Commission (CPSC).
GANA staff for all the work and activities that are far too numerous to list specifically to serve justice.
- Sara Neiswanger, GANA Account Executive for keeping the focus and forward momentum going on all the diverse Association activities. Thanks for keeping it all together.
- Erin Fletcher, GANA Director of Marketing and Communications for getting and keeping the message out there. The information is plentiful, the audience diverse, the means and tools sometimes a challenge, but you persevere.
- Urmilla Sowell, GANA Technical Director for your commitment to critical technical issues relevant to the business of our members and industry. And for leading the work on publications that you and member contributors have labored to complete. Your commitment, resolve and technical leadership are a true value.
Last but not least…to YOU - our MEMBERS - for your dedication, involvement, resolve, service, and support.
Because of all of the above, I give thanks to the hope, optimism, and excitement that current circumstances offer before us to better serve the glass and glazing industry. You are the energy and inspiration to listen, learn, laugh, educate and grow.
Have a Happy and Safe Thanksgiving.
President 2016-17 | Glass Association of North America
Stanley Yee is a building design specialist for Dow Corning as part of the global Facade Engineering and Architectural Design Team. He has been an active member serving different volunteer roles, including Chairing the Energy Committee. He was elected to the executive of the GANA Board in 2013 as a representative of the Energy Division, and is currently serving as the elected President of the Association.